Hello families!
My name is Mrs. Ellis and I am your
child's kindergarten teacher this year. I would like to take this opportunity
to share with you a little bit about myself.
I am a graduate of the Masters of
Child Study and Education program at the University of Toronto, focusing on an
inquiry-based approach to learning in the early years.
Beginning in 2009, I was a guitarist
and vocalist for the children's educational musical group, Leading
Notes; performing for over 1500 children across Toronto and the GTA.
In 2011, Leading Notes released their first CD, "Just a Walk in the
Park," sold at Indigo Bookstore locations throughout Toronto.
I have worked with the Peel Board as
a Music teacher for grades K-5, and as a Primary Art and Drama teacher.
Through my graduate studies, along
with the Pelletier Research Lab (University of Toronto), I co-authored a
publication titled, “Using
Photographic Picture Books to Better Understand Young Children’s Ideas of
Belonging: A Study of Early Literacy Strategies and Social Inclusion” published in the Journal of Canadian Children, in
the Child Study section, Spring 2013 issue.
I am looking forward to an exciting
year ahead in Kindergarten and sharing the learning and excitement of our
program with you through our blog.
Honours Bachelor of Arts degree (Magna Cum Laude Distinction) - Psychology
Hello parents and families,
My name is Ms. Bharuchi and I will working alongside Ms. Ellis this year as the Designated Early Childhood Educator.
Before I begin an introduction of myself, I'd like to formally take this opportunity to express my gratitude in working with your child through the course of this year. As a team, we are thrilled to see your child develop through the course of each learning experience encountered in our classroom.
Background information:
Education
Masters of Arts - Child Study & Education (University of Toronto)Honours Bachelor of Arts degree (Magna Cum Laude Distinction) - Psychology
Skills & Certification
Music A.Q. Part 1
Special Education A.Q. Part 1
Special Education A.Q. Part 1
Kindergarten A.Q. Part 1
Tribes Basic Certification Course
Piano (Level 6) -Royal Conservatory of Ontario
Guitarist/vocalist -Leading Notes Band
Guitarist/vocalist -Leading Notes Band
Hello parents and families,
My name is Ms. Bharuchi and I will working alongside Ms. Ellis this year as the Designated Early Childhood Educator.
Before I begin an introduction of myself, I'd like to formally take this opportunity to express my gratitude in working with your child through the course of this year. As a team, we are thrilled to see your child develop through the course of each learning experience encountered in our classroom.

No comments:
Post a Comment